Personal Injury & Wrongful Death Litigation
We are experienced Atlanta trial attorneys focused on severe injury and wrongful death litigation. Ragland & Jones, LLP has the expertise, resources and determination necessary to successfully pursue civil claims against any individual, large corporation or governmental entity whose negligent or illegal conduct has led to tragic consequences. We handle cases throughout all areas of Georgia, and in the neighboring states of Florida, Alabama, Tennessee and South Carolina. It is our mission to seek justice and fair compensation for those who have suffered serious personal injuries or the tragic loss of a family member. Therefore, we usually serve as counsel for the Plaintiff in any civil lawsuit, and we never defend or represent insurance companies.
We also regularly handle other types of complex civil litigation involving the denial of disability or death benefits by a disability or life insurance company. Likewise, we pursue bad faith claims against insurance companies which have wrongfully denied coverage to our clients or otherwise unfairly handled their claim under a homeowners, property/casualty, automobile or other type of insurance policy. Finally, we represent individuals and businesses in various types of commercial disputes or in cases where they have suffered financial loss or damage due to fraud, breach of contract, or other unfair business practices.
Attorneys Daniel A. Ragland and Evan W. Jones have nearly 35 years combined experience in the fields of personal injury, wrongful death, and complex civil litigation. Both attorneys are "Champion" Members of the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, and they each have been listed as "Super Lawyers" in the Atlanta Magazine every year between 2004 and 2008. They each have achieved the coveted "AV® Peer Review Rating," the highest such rating awarded by Martindale-Hubbell®. You can learn more about the credentials of these attorneys by clicking and viewing their extensive Attorney Profiles.
We are willing to discuss your case with you at no charge. You can call or email us without obligation. There are no fees for an initial consultation or any subsequent work we perform to evaluate your potential claims. If we believe you have a good case, we do offer contingency fee arrangements in which our fees would be a percentage of your recovery. Under a contingent fee agreement, you would not owe any attorney fees unless you were awarded money in a settlement or jury verdict. If your injuries prevent you from coming to our offices located near Perimeter Mall in Atlanta, you can schedule a time for an attorney to travel and meet with you or your family at your home or other place.
Not all lawyers have the desire or skill to take a civil case all the way to a jury trial or through the post trial appeals. We do. Indeed, we file and prosecute lawsuits in many of the cases we undertake, and we have no fear of the courtroom when a trial becomes necessary. Our experience has shown that the key to success at trial is thorough preparation during litigation. Investigating the scene, gathering and analyzing physical evidence, deposing witnesses, discovering the opponent's documents, and utilizing qualified experts are things we consistently do in advance of trial. Such preparation also demonstrates to the other side the Plaintiffs readiness and willingness to take their case to trial which in turn helps us obtain more substantial pre-trial settlements. Our clients also benefit from our ability to handle any appeals which arise before or after a trial. We are admitted to the Georgia Court of Appeals and the Georgia Supreme Court, and we have handled appeals in both of these appellate courts. In sum, we are more than ready to fight all of the legal battles facing our clients, and we pledge vigorous, honest and ethical representation of the clients we agree to serve.
- A Preventable Killer: The Risk of Ignoring Suicidal Warning Signs Read more
- Choking Read more
- Falls Read more
- Making Nursing Homes a Safer Place Read more
- Understaffed, Undertrained, Underpaid Read more
- Understanding the Problem from Both Sides Read more
- Flying Food Group Recall Is Expanded to Include More Listeria Contaminated Chicken Products Sold at Starbucks Locations in Georgia, Alabama & Florida Read more
- Chicken Wraps Recently Sold at Starbucks Coffee Shops in Georgia and Alabama May Have Been Contaminated with Listeria and Could Lead to Food Poisoning Read more
- Ragland & Jones, LLP Announces Its Corporate Sponsorship of the 2011 MADD "Walk Like MADD" 5k Walk Read more
- Georgia Supreme Court Upholds Medical Malpractice Lawsuit Involving Physicians Who Negligently Failed to Give Vaccines Needed by an Asplenic Patient to Prevent Overwhelming Post-Splenectomy Infection Read more
- USDA Has Issued a Recall of Zeigler Hot Dog Products Due to Listeria Contamination Discovered by the Georgia Department of Agriculture Read more
- Second Annual National "Drowsy Driving Prevention Week" is Nov 10-16, 2008 and Will Highlight the Dangers of Driver Fatigue and Resulting Car Accidents Read more